Storytelling and Imagination: Beyond Basic Literacy 8-14
'Storytelling and Imagination: Beyond Basic Literacy 8-14 is the complete guide to using creative storytelling in the primary school classroom and for transitions to Key Stage 3 at secondary school. Taking a holistic approach incorporating reading, writing, speaking and listening, this book covers the skills of developing stories from conceiving a tale through to performance and the oral tradition. Tried and tested by the author and by teachers in hundreds of workshops, this book provides:
- ideas for sparking children’s imaginations and harnessing creativity
- information on using storytelling in cross-curricular contexts with examples and ideas
- games and practical activities in each chapter
- a range of original and traditional stories for use in the classroom
- different stages of work to suit all abilities
- joined up thinking about stories and storytelling.'